On the third week of October every year, the Australian Water Association (AWA) holds National Water Week, an awareness campaign about the value of clean water and its role in our lives and environment. Water Week starts next Monday the 19th October until Friday the 25th and the topic is Reimagining our Water Future.
We know that the growing global population is putting a lot of stress on our water resources so we need to reimagine how we use and reuse water to ensure everyone has access to clean water now and in the future. AWA are asking the community:
- How can we reimagine the way we use and reuse water to ensure there’s enough of it in the future?
- How can we rethink our current water practices to help conserve valuable water resources?
- What can we do as individuals and as communities to inspire a more sustainable water future?
Here at Richard Noble & Company, we’d love to hear your big idea reimaging our water future both within our Vivente community and more broadly across Western Australia. To help invigorate new ideas, the AWA are holding two competitions as part of Water Week.
- A water science competition for high school students
- A short film competition open to both primary and high school students
Visit AWA website to find out more about the entry details, judging criteria, prizes and key dates. There are also some great learning resources for all ages and colouring-in activities for the kids.
We can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!